Quantcast

2.9.0 date

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

2.9.0 date

Christian Buhtz-2
What is about the release for 2.9.0 ?
I've stoped all my releases to wait for it. :)

I have no problems detected with RC3. ;)
--
publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-6149 tiger 2009-05-13 15:00:05
E06DD1C8BFB95A904062F4BB539E377800F6246FDCE8165B

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Stefan Csomor
Hi Christian

On 13.05.09 17:24, "Christian Buhtz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is about the release for 2.9.0 ?
> I've stoped all my releases to wait for it. :)
>
> I have no problems detected with RC3. ;)

if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a rename of
the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no objections ...

Best,

Stefan

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Dan Horák
Stefan Csomor píše v St 13. 05. 2009 v 19:12 +0200:

> Hi Christian
>
> On 13.05.09 17:24, "Christian Buhtz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > What is about the release for 2.9.0 ?
> > I've stoped all my releases to wait for it. :)
> >
> > I have no problems detected with RC3. ;)
>
> if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a rename of
> the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no objections ...

RC2 builds fine on Fedora, but I have some linking problems (symbol
visibility for wxFileConfig) in the test suite.


                Dan


_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Stefan Csomor
Hi Dan

On 15.05.09 12:45, "Dan Horák" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stefan Csomor píše v St 13. 05. 2009 v 19:12 +0200:
>> Hi Christian
>>
>> On 13.05.09 17:24, "Christian Buhtz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> What is about the release for 2.9.0 ?
>>> I've stoped all my releases to wait for it. :)
>>>
>>> I have no problems detected with RC3. ;)
>>
>> if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a rename of
>> the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no objections ...
>
> RC2 builds fine on Fedora, but I have some linking problems (symbol
> visibility for wxFileConfig) in the test suite.

but I cannot find a report from you on this, at least not with Version 2.9.0
as I've asked people to log their trac reports agains, can you give me the
trac ticket #, so that we can look at this, since actually I wanted to
release this RC

Thanks,

Stefan

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Dan Horák
Stefan Csomor píše v Pá 15. 05. 2009 v 13:23 +0200:

> Hi Dan
>
> On 15.05.09 12:45, "Dan Horák" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Stefan Csomor píše v St 13. 05. 2009 v 19:12 +0200:
> >> Hi Christian
> >>
> >> On 13.05.09 17:24, "Christian Buhtz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >>> What is about the release for 2.9.0 ?
> >>> I've stoped all my releases to wait for it. :)
> >>>
> >>> I have no problems detected with RC3. ;)
> >>
> >> if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a rename of
> >> the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no objections ...
> >
> > RC2 builds fine on Fedora, but I have some linking problems (symbol
> > visibility for wxFileConfig) in the test suite.
>
> but I cannot find a report from you on this, at least not with Version 2.9.0
> as I've asked people to log their trac reports agains, can you give me the
> trac ticket #, so that we can look at this, since actually I wanted to
> release this RC

I was going to find more details about the failures before submitting a
bug report, it can be Fedora or gcc 4.4 specific. I am testing RC3 right
now. I was busy in my work, so I haven't seen the RC3 mails until today.


                Dan


_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Dan Horák
Dan Horák píše v Pá 15. 05. 2009 v 15:40 +0200:

> Stefan Csomor píše v Pá 15. 05. 2009 v 13:23 +0200:
> > Hi Dan
> >
> > On 15.05.09 12:45, "Dan Horák" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Stefan Csomor píše v St 13. 05. 2009 v 19:12 +0200:
> > >> Hi Christian
> > >>
> > >> On 13.05.09 17:24, "Christian Buhtz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >>> What is about the release for 2.9.0 ?
> > >>> I've stoped all my releases to wait for it. :)
> > >>>
> > >>> I have no problems detected with RC3. ;)
> > >>
> > >> if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a rename of
> > >> the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no objections ...
> > >
> > > RC2 builds fine on Fedora, but I have some linking problems (symbol
> > > visibility for wxFileConfig) in the test suite.
> >
> > but I cannot find a report from you on this, at least not with Version 2.9.0
> > as I've asked people to log their trac reports agains, can you give me the
> > trac ticket #, so that we can look at this, since actually I wanted to
> > release this RC
>
> I was going to find more details about the failures before submitting a
> bug report, it can be Fedora or gcc 4.4 specific. I am testing RC3 right
> now. I was busy in my work, so I haven't seen the RC3 mails until today.

http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10791


                Dan


_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Stefan Csomor
Hi Dan

>> I was going to find more details about the failures before submitting a
>> bug report, it can be Fedora or gcc 4.4 specific. I am testing RC3 right
>> now. I was busy in my work, so I haven't seen the RC3 mails until today.
>
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/10791

Thanks for the report,

Stefan

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Christian Buhtz-2
In reply to this post by Stefan Csomor
Stefan Csomor schrieb:
> if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a rename of
> the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no objections ...

Whats about the current "showstoppers"? Is there a new deadline for a
2.9.0 release?

My own application releases just waiting to get linked against an
official wx. ;)
--
publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-6253 tiger 2009-05-26 15:00:06
7C774037D5A5556CC291F04D022FB7834B5B9B88115B9044

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Re: 2.9.0 date

Stefan Csomor
Hi Christian

>> if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a rename of
>> the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no objections ...
>
> Whats about the current "showstoppers"? Is there a new deadline for a
> 2.9.0 release?

there have been a couple of bug reports which I'm going through right now

> My own application releases just waiting to get linked against an
> official wx. ;)

but you are aware of the fact that this is an unstable release, the first
one even in a series, not recommended for anything you'd distribute to
customers...

Best,

Stefan

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[compile-problem for --disable-unicode build] Re: Re: 2.9.0 date

Jan van Dijk-4
On Wednesday 27 May 2009 07:00:09 Stefan Csomor wrote:

> Hi Christian
>
> >> if no showstoppers are found RC3 will be the final release, just a
> >> rename of the archives, we'll wait perhaps until Friday if there are no
> >> objections ...
> >
> > Whats about the current "showstoppers"? Is there a new deadline for a
> > 2.9.0 release?
>
> there have been a couple of bug reports which I'm going through right now
>

        Hi Stefan,

I just noticed that, for a --disable-unicode build of wxGTK on Linux I get:

../src/common/fs_mem.cpp: In static member function ‘static void
wxMemoryFSHandlerBase::AddFileWithMimeType(const wxString&, const wxString&,
const wxString&)’:
../src/common/fs_mem.cpp:196: error: invalid static_cast from type ‘const
wxString’ to type ‘const char*’
make: *** [basedll_fs_mem.o] Error 1

Unfortunately, Trac is unusably slow for me, these days.

I hope you can have a look at this, nevertheless.

Thanks, Jan.
_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 2.9.0 date

Christian Buhtz-2
In reply to this post by Stefan Csomor
Stefan Csomor schrieb:
> but you are aware of the fact that this is an unstable release, the first
> one even in a series, not recommended for anything you'd distribute to
> customers...

It is official unstable? ;) Or do you mean practicly unstable?

It is a realese and this is more stable then a SVN build. I hope! ;)

wx2.8 is out of date for months! My code is not compatible to 2.8!
I need an official 2.9. It is bettern then linking against SVN.
--
publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-6253 tiger 2009-05-26 15:00:06
7C774037D5A5556CC291F04D022FB7834B5B9B88115B9044

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [compile-problem for --disable-unicode build] Re: Re: 2.9.0 date

Stefan Csomor
In reply to this post by Jan van Dijk-4
Hi Jan

> I just noticed that, for a --disable-unicode build of wxGTK on Linux I get:
>
> ../src/common/fs_mem.cpp: In static member function OEstatic void
> wxMemoryFSHandlerBase::AddFileWithMimeType(const wxString&, const wxString&,
> const wxString&)¹:
> ../src/common/fs_mem.cpp:196: error: invalid static_cast from type OEconst
> wxString¹ to type OEconst char*¹
> make: *** [basedll_fs_mem.o] Error 1

I'm not getting this error on osx, with gcc 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493),
the code is common for all platforms, what is your complete configure line,
are you enabling STL ?

Best,

Stefan

_______________________________________________
wx-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wx-dev
Loading...