[GSoC 2017] Project--Implement support for frozen rows/columns in wxGrid

[GSoC 2017] Project--Implement support for frozen rows/columns in wxGrid

Himanshu Raj
Hi to all, I am Himanshu Raj student at National Institute of Technology Srinagar,India.
 I am  interested in your organisation for GSoC 2017 project--(Implement support for frozen rows/columns in wxGrid).I have read the project description at the page.
Where can I find a mentor for the project and how do I start contributing to it.

Re: [GSoC 2017] Project--Implement support for frozen rows/columns in wxGrid

oneeyeman
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Himanshu Raj <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi to all, I am Himanshu Raj student at National Institute of Technology
> Srinagar,India.
>  I am  interested in your organisation for GSoC 2017 project--(Implement
> support for frozen rows/columns in wxGrid).I have read the project
> description at the page.
> Where can I find a mentor for the project and how do I start contributing to
> it.

Welcome to wxWidgets!
In order to start:

1. Get the source code from the github.
To do that you need to have a git client installed on you machine and
get familiar with Git
source control system.

2. Compile the sources.
Please check different README files and the online resources
(documentation, WiKi, etc).

3. Compile the samples provided with the library and run them.
Please make sure you use exactly the same configuration when you
compile the samples.

4. Pay more attention to the grid sample as this is the one you will
be working with.
Study the sample source code and the grid control source code. The
code for the control is
generic, but you will need access to all platforms in order to test.

Try to understand the task you selected. Search the web, forum and ML
for a previous discussions.

Those tasks will get you going.

If you hit a problem/issue don't hesitate to ask either here or on wx-dev ML.

Thank you.

> --
> Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.

Re: [GSoC 2017] Project--Implement support for frozen rows/columns in wxGrid

wxWidgets - Users mailing list-2
Hello Himanshu,

Mentors will be assigned at a later stage.
For now you can start with building the library, then the samples, and if everything goes well you can even contribute fixes for tickets tagged as simple, for which you can find a list here:

These few steps are not specific to a particular project, but they should be a good start for getting the hang of wxWidgets code base. If you have any trouble with any of them you can always ask for guidance here or on forums.wxwidgets.org

Good luck,