Quantcast

GSoC 2017

Himanshu Raj
Hi, I have prepared a pdf for GSoC proposal.Since the time is very less now do I need to share a draft of proposed project to wxWidgets org.Can I submit the final pdf directly.

Re: GSoC 2017

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 10:35:25 -0700 (PDT) Himanshu Raj wrote:

HR> Hi, I have prepared a pdf for GSoC proposal.Since the time is very less now
HR> do I need to share a draft of proposed project to wxWidgets org.Can I
HR> submit the final pdf directly.

 You don't need to share the draft and you're indeed unlikely to have time
to address any concerns we might have with it, so you can, of course,
submit the final proposal directly. The possibility to submit a draft
proposal exists to help you, but you don't have to use it if you think your
final proposal is good enough.

 BTW, if https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/450 was submitted by
you, then you did something there, probably by basing your branch on 3.0
branch but creating a PR against master. You need to either rebase your
changes (which I can't even see now in the sea of other unrelated commits)
on master (preferred) or submit the PR against 3.0 branch too.