It'll be my pleasure to contribute wxCocoa

It'll be my pleasure to contribute wxCocoa

谭得浩
Hi Admin,

Recently I planned to practize a cross-platform C++ GUI library and I chose wxWidgets finally. Because Mac OS X is my favorite operating system, so I think it'll be great I can do contribution to wxCocoa. I did use Cocoa/Object-C++ for a couple of small projects previously. However, it's around one year ago. So I think I need some time to pick it up before I can do something helpful :-)

Anyway, that'll be my pleasure to be a part of it.

Sincerely yours,
David Tan

Re: It'll be my pleasure to contribute wxCocoa

Stefan Csomor
Hi

> Recently I planned to practize a cross-platform C++ GUI library and I chose
> wxWidgets finally. Because Mac OS X is my favorite operating system, so I
> think it'll be great I can do contribution to wxCocoa. I did use
> Cocoa/Object-C++ for a couple of small projects previously. However, it's
> around one year ago. So I think I need some time to pick it up before I can do
> something helpful :-)
>
> Anyway, that'll be my pleasure to be a part of it.

that's great, the active port using cocoa is wxOSX, more details at

http://wiki.wxwindows.org/Development:_wxMac

I welcome all help as we'd like to get a 3.0 out of the door by the end of
year, 2.9.0 will be the first release towards this goal, now at RC3

Thanks,

Stefan

Re: It'll be my pleasure to contribute wxCocoa

谭得浩
Hi Stefan,

Thanks! Actually I have built the source for osx_cocoa via configure successfully. There're so many makefiles in osx-build/samples folder and I picked "dialog" for the first try. All things go well after make. I can run the application bundle.

Now, I'm wondering which point should I can start from. Is there a task list of something like that? Or you think firstly I should get familar with the existing source code? I'll be very appreciated if you can give me some suggestions. Thanks a lot!

BTW, wxWindows.xcodeproj seems to need updates. Some files involved in it have been moved to different folder, changed name, or even discarded.

Sincerely yours,
David Tan

Hi