Re[6]: wxWidgets version 3?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[6]: wxWidgets version 3?

Ryan Norton
http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/WxWidgets3


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[7]: wxWidgets version 3?

Vadim Zeitlin-3
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:42:04 -0800 Ryan Norton <[hidden email]> wrote:

RN> http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/WxWidgets3

 Thanks!
VZ


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Re[6]: wxWidgets version 3?

Stefan Csomor
In reply to this post by Ryan Norton
Hi

> I. Set the goals for wxTNG
> II. Answer some crucial questions about global project
> organization III. Propose (draft) API, or at least the
> driving principles behind it IV. Implement it
>
> It would be nice to at least start with I.

that's why I wanted the wiki, I'm fine with using an infrastructure that
is already there, I want a fresh page, and I hope that we can keep some
structure on the content. Thanks to Ryan for providing the starter :-)

Best,

stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Re[6]: wxWidgets version 3?

Stefan Csomor
In reply to this post by Ryan Norton
Hi

I'd like to structure things a little bit, so I'll start a new page for
issues that seem quite large. Also I'd like to see who had what
opinion/idea on a certain topic. Is it ok to prefix entries with
RN,CS,RD,VZ,JS etc ?

I'd like to see the different arguments on a certain topic close to the
topic, perhaps discussions can take place on a different page, but the
quintessence of someones standpoints should be on the same page.

Thoughts, Opinions ?

Thanks,

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wxWidgets version 3?

Hajo Kirchhoff
In reply to this post by Stefan Csomor
I've added my 2 cents to the wiki page.

Hajo


--






--------------------------------------------
Lit Window Library - Speed up GUI coding 10x
   http://www.litwindow.com/library?src=ml

wxVisualSetup - integrate wxWidgets into Visual Studio .NET
   http://www.litwindow.com/Products/products.html?src=ml

BugLister - Defect Tracker
   http://www.litwindow.com/buglister?src=ml

Tips & Tricks for wxWidgets & MS Visual Studio
   http://www.litwindow.com/Knowhow/knowhow.html?src=ml


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Re[6]: wxWidgets version 3?

Julian Smart
In reply to this post by Stefan Csomor
At 07:37 16/02/2006, you wrote:
>I'd like to structure things a little bit, so I'll start a new page for
>issues that seem quite large. Also I'd like to see who had what
>opinion/idea on a certain topic. Is it ok to prefix entries with
>RN,CS,RD,VZ,JS etc ?

Good idea, yes.

>I'd like to see the different arguments on a certain topic close to the
>topic, perhaps discussions can take place on a different page, but the
>quintessence of someones standpoints should be on the same page.
>
>Thoughts, Opinions ?

Sounds good to me... we should soon have a good map of the
main issues and opinions about them.

Regards,

Julian



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[8]: wxWidgets version 3?

Vadim Zeitlin-3
In reply to this post by Stefan Csomor
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:37:11 +0100 Stefan Csomor <[hidden email]> wrote:

SC> I'd like to structure things a little bit, so I'll start a new page for
SC> issues that seem quite large. Also I'd like to see who had what
SC> opinion/idea on a certain topic. Is it ok to prefix entries with
SC> RN,CS,RD,VZ,JS etc ?

 Sure.

SC> I'd like to see the different arguments on a certain topic close to the
SC> topic, perhaps discussions can take place on a different page, but the
SC> quintessence of someones standpoints should be on the same page.

 I think discussion should take place here (seems logical, doesn't it?) and
thought of using the wiki more for:

a) making the list of things to discuss/think about
b) summarize the results of the discussion

 Regards,
VZ


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[8]: wxWidgets version 3?

Julian Smart
At 14:14 16/02/2006, you wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:37:11 +0100 Stefan Csomor
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>SC> I'd like to structure things a little bit, so I'll start a new page for
>SC> issues that seem quite large. Also I'd like to see who had what
>SC> opinion/idea on a certain topic. Is it ok to prefix entries with
>SC> RN,CS,RD,VZ,JS etc ?
>
>  Sure.
>
>SC> I'd like to see the different arguments on a certain topic close to the
>SC> topic, perhaps discussions can take place on a different page, but the
>SC> quintessence of someones standpoints should be on the same page.
>
>  I think discussion should take place here (seems logical, doesn't it?) and
>thought of using the wiki more for:
>
>a) making the list of things to discuss/think about
>b) summarize the results of the discussion

I like the use of the Wiki for elaborating our different opinions at this
stage, rather than have it straddle various mailing list threads. I think
we should discuss on the ML as well, and as minds are changed, this
can be reflected on the Wiki. The Wiki does give a centralised, more
coherent view of where we stand, which I think is helpful. Of course,
it can be cleaned up as our thoughts evolve.

Why not continue to try it out, and see how it goes.

Regards,

Julian




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]