Scrollbar theme on Linux can't be removed

Scrollbar theme on Linux can't be removed

Robin Scher

I get weird shadow/light drawing from wxGTK (using GTK-3) that seems related to the "theme". When there is more space than needed for scrolling, the theme draws this light next to the scroll bars:

I tried using SetThemeEnabled(false) on the control when it is created, but the lights show up anyway. I know it's connected to the theme, because the look changes if I change my desktop theme, but I can't seem to make it go away altogether or avoid being drawn.

The Window is derived from wxWindow and has the style wxHSCROLL|wxVSCROLL. If I get rid of the wxHSCROLL|wxVSCROLL flags or set the scrollbar positions to all 0, it does go away, but I don't get scroll bars, so that won't help. The light is definitely related to the scroll bar positions, as it fills the "empty" space left over between content and window area, when the window is larger than the content being shown. (Note that I've turned the content drawing off so it's just gray for testing.)

Any thoughts? Thank you,

-robin

Re: Scrollbar theme on Linux can't be removed

Eran Ifrah
try running your app from the command line like this:
set GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0
./myapp

iirc, it fixed the issue for me
Eran

epbmcahkpojhoocg.png (25K) Download Attachment