compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Ashish More
Hi,
   I am on OSX 10.12.  I downloaded the 10.9 sdk and I downloaded and compiled wxwidgets  3.1 using the following:

../configure --with-opengl --disable-debug --disable-shared --with-osx_cocoa --enable-mediactrl with-macosx-version-min=10.9 --with-macosx-sdk=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk --enable-macosx-arch=x86_64 --prefix="$(pwd)"

the compilation works.

But when I try to compile my application, I get a linker error:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVPlayerView", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS_$_wxAVPlayerView in libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a(medialib_osx_cocoa_mediactrl.o)
  "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_AVPlayerView", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS_$_wxAVPlayerView in libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a(medialib_osx_cocoa_mediactrl.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I am linking the library with:
-L/usr/local/lib/   -mmacosx-version-min=10.9  -L/Users/Shared/Documents/wxMac/buildr/lib   -framework IOKit -framework Carbon -framework Cocoa -framework AudioToolbox -framework System -framework OpenGL libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_gl-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_aui-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_richtext-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_webview-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_xrc-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_qa-3.1.a libwx_baseu_net-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a libwx_baseu_xml-3.1.a libwx_baseu-3.1.a -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -llzma -framework WebKit -lwxtiff-3.1 -lwxjpeg-3.1 -lwxpng-3.1 -lwxregexu-3.1 -lwxscintilla-3.1 -lexpat -lz -framework Security -lpthread -liconv  /opt/local/lib/libpng.a /opt/local/lib/libbz2.a /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.a /opt/local/lib/libantbase.a -framework AVFoundation -framework CoreMedia

what am I missing to include?.

regards

Regards.

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

oneeyeman
Hi, Ashish,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:24 AM Ashish More <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>    I am on OSX 10.12.  I downloaded the 10.9 sdk and I downloaded and compiled wxwidgets  3.1 using the following:
>
> ../configure --with-opengl --disable-debug --disable-shared --with-osx_cocoa --enable-mediactrl with-macosx-version-min=10.9 --with-macosx-sdk=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk --enable-macosx-arch=x86_64 --prefix="$(pwd)"
>
> the compilation works.
>
> But when I try to compile my application, I get a linker error:
>
> "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVPlayerView", referenced from:
>       _OBJC_CLASS_$_wxAVPlayerView in libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a(medialib_osx_cocoa_mediactrl.o)
>   "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_AVPlayerView", referenced from:
>       _OBJC_METACLASS_$_wxAVPlayerView in libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a(medialib_osx_cocoa_mediactrl.o)
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
>
> I am linking the library with:
> -L/usr/local/lib/   -mmacosx-version-min=10.9  -L/Users/Shared/Documents/wxMac/buildr/lib   -framework IOKit -framework Carbon -framework Cocoa -framework AudioToolbox -framework System -framework OpenGL libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_gl-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_aui-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_richtext-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_webview-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_xrc-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_qa-3.1.a libwx_baseu_net-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a libwx_baseu_xml-3.1.a libwx_baseu-3.1.a -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -llzma -framework WebKit -lwxtiff-3.1 -lwxjpeg-3.1 -lwxpng-3.1 -lwxregexu-3.1 -lwxscintilla-3.1 -lexpat -lz -framework Security -lpthread -liconv  /opt/local/lib/libpng.a /opt/local/lib/libbz2.a /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.a /opt/local/lib/libantbase.a -framework AVFoundation -framework CoreMedia

Is this the output of "wx-config --libs"?

Thank you.

>
> what am I missing to include?.
>
> regards
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
>
> To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
> or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.

To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Stefan Csomor
In reply to this post by Ashish More

Hi

 

Von: <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Ashish More <[hidden email]>
Antworten an: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Datum: Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2018 um 14:24
An: wx-users <[hidden email]>
Betreff: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

 

Hi,

   I am on OSX 10.12.  I downloaded the 10.9 sdk and I downloaded and compiled wxwidgets  3.1 using the following:

 

../configure --with-opengl --disable-debug --disable-shared --with-osx_cocoa --enable-mediactrl with-macosx-version-min=10.9 --with-macosx-sdk=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk --enable-macosx-arch=x86_64 --prefix="$(pwd)"

 

the compilation works.

 

But when I try to compile my application, I get a linker error:

 

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVPlayerView", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS_$_wxAVPlayerView in libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a(medialib_osx_cocoa_mediactrl.o)
  "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_AVPlayerView", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS_$_wxAVPlayerView in libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a(medialib_osx_cocoa_mediactrl.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

 

I am linking the library with:

-L/usr/local/lib/   -mmacosx-version-min=10.9  -L/Users/Shared/Documents/wxMac/buildr/lib   -framework IOKit -framework Carbon -framework Cocoa -framework AudioToolbox -framework System -framework OpenGL libwx_osx_cocoau_media-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_gl-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_aui-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_richtext-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_webview-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_xrc-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_qa-3.1.a libwx_baseu_net-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_html-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_adv-3.1.a libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.1.a libwx_baseu_xml-3.1.a libwx_baseu-3.1.a -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -llzma -framework WebKit -lwxtiff-3.1 -lwxjpeg-3.1 -lwxpng-3.1 -lwxregexu-3.1 -lwxscintilla-3.1 -lexpat -lz -framework Security -lpthread -liconv  /opt/local/lib/libpng.a /opt/local/lib/libbz2.a /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.a /opt/local/lib/libantbase.a -framework AVFoundation -framework CoreMedia

 

You must link against -framework AVKit as well

 

Best,

 

Stefan

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[2]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:32:38 +0000 Stefan Csomor wrote:

SC> You must link against -framework AVKit as well

 This should normally be already included in `wx-config --libs std,media`
output though... To the OP: if it isn't, please check configure output
and config.log for what happens after "if AVKit is available" message.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

attachment0 (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Ashish More
I used
wx-config --libs media,std,gl,aui,richtext,webview

if I use wx-config --libs all

all the libs do not get included.

I will try including -framework AVKit



On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 8:35:40 AM UTC-4, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:32:38 +0000 Stefan Csomor wrote:

SC> You must link against -framework AVKit as well

 This should normally be already included in `wx-config --libs std,media`
output though... To the OP: if it isn't, please check configure output
and config.log for what happens after "if AVKit is available" message.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               <a href="http://www.tt-solutions.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;">http://www.tt-solutions.com/

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[2]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Ashish More
adding -framework AVKit
did the trick.

so to recap:  
I have to make sure that : framework AVFoundation -framework CoreMedia -framework AVKit 
is included in the linker 

shouldn't wx-config --libs media  include these frameworks?.

Thanks for all your help.
Regards.

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 9:43:13 AM UTC-4, Ashish More wrote:
I used
wx-config --libs media,std,gl,aui,richtext,webview

if I use wx-config --libs all

all the libs do not get included.

I will try including -framework AVKit



On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 8:35:40 AM UTC-4, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:32:38 +0000 Stefan Csomor wrote:

SC> You must link against -framework AVKit as well

 This should normally be already included in `wx-config --libs std,media`
output though... To the OP: if it isn't, please check configure output
and config.log for what happens after "if AVKit is available" message.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               <a href="http://www.tt-solutions.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;">http://www.tt-solutions.com/

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[4]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 06:49:29 -0700 (PDT) Ashish More wrote:

AM> adding -framework AVKit
AM> did the trick.
AM>
AM> so to recap:  
AM> I have to make sure that : framework AVFoundation -framework CoreMedia
AM> -framework AVKit
AM> is included in the linker
AM>
AM> shouldn't wx-config --libs media  include these frameworks?.

 It should. As I said, please check configure output and config.log to see
what happened when testing for AVKit and post the relevant excerpts here.

 Thanks,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

attachment0 (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[4]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Ashish More
here is the config.log file

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 11:27:32 AM UTC-4, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 06:49:29 -0700 (PDT) Ashish More wrote:

AM> adding -framework AVKit
AM> did the trick.
AM>
AM> so to recap:  
AM> I have to make sure that : framework AVFoundation -framework CoreMedia
AM> -framework AVKit
AM> is included in the linker
AM>
AM> shouldn't wx-config --libs media  include these frameworks?.

 It should. As I said, please check configure output and config.log to see
what happened when testing for AVKit and post the relevant excerpts here.

 Thanks,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               <a href="http://www.tt-solutions.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;">http://www.tt-solutions.com/

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users

config.log (216K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[6]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:28:57 -0700 (PDT) Ashish More wrote:

AM> here is the config.log file

 Thanks, so AVKit is being detected just fine... But then it isn't output
by wx-config, which looks like a bug. I've applied a blind fix for it in
76f9d6baa976322779f6bc532238dbd55696bb1c, please let me know if it helps.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

attachment0 (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re[6]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Ashish More
Hi Vadim,
   I am sorry, but how do it test this?.

Regards
-Ashish

Ashish More
iWorx Systems, Inc.
603-742 2492 x12


On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 2:35 PM Vadim Zeitlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:28:57 -0700 (PDT) Ashish More wrote:

AM> here is the config.log file

 Thanks, so AVKit is being detected just fine... But then it isn't output
by wx-config, which looks like a bug. I've applied a blind fix for it in
76f9d6baa976322779f6bc532238dbd55696bb1c, please let me know if it helps.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re[8]: compiling application using mediactrl on OSX

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:57:34 -0400 Ashish More wrote:

AM> Hi Vadim,
AM>    I am sorry, but how do it test this?.

 You should get the commit from Github (if you use Git, it's simple, if you
don't, you can get the patch and apply it manually from
https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/76f9d6baa976322779f6bc532238dbd55696bb1c
but, well, why would you do that...) and re-run configure to regenerate
wx-config (you don't need to rebuild the libraries however). Then check
that `wx-config --libs std,media` does output the expected frameworks.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

attachment0 (203 bytes) Download Attachment