Quantcast

gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Marco Pokorski Stefani
Hi ,
I would like to be a developer for the community the "Masked Edit Control"

Name: Marco Pokorski Stefani
E-mail Address: [hidden email]
Project Title: wxWidgets
Project Goals:  Masked Edit Control
Project Benefits: How does your project benefit wxWidgets and its community?

Developing this, I hope to help the community, because mask in "text control" actualy is very important for minizing the input errors, safer input become easier to development

Project Tasks and Deliverables: Break your project into tasks or pieces.
Describe in detail what you plan to accomplish and what the results will be.

1) study  wxTextEntry-derived class, best way , table-design ...
2) start write a wxTextEntry-derived class
3) make the derived class the more generic possible
4) init the development of mask
4.1) make mask zipcode
4.2) make mask IP addresses
4.*) make mask ****
5) full test
6) otimizations
7) full test
8) finish =)

Project Schedule: Estimate how long your project will take and how much time you
have to dedicate on it. Try to establish a timed roadmap of the tasks to do.

1)  4 days
2)  1 days
3) 5 days
4) 5 days ( can change of the number of masks )
4.1) 1 days ( first is more slow )
4.2) 1/3
4.*) 1/3 ( for next mask )
5)  3 days
6) 5 days , need to be very fast
7)  3 days
8) 0 days

Personal Statement: Tell us about yourself. Describe why you are better than any
other applicant for this project.

I never participated in an open source project, I will very happy in helping the community. This will be my first experience.
I am studying at PUCRS in Porto Alegre , Brazil,
I work developing software, in C++ Language with MFC.
I have five years of experience in MFC.

--
Marco Pokorski Stefani
Adicione este email para msn e googletalk.

Re: gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Julian Smart
Hi Marco,

Thanks for the email - I'm afraid there are already 3 submitted
proposals for this project, though that needn't necessarily stop folk
from submitting further applications on the same topic. We think that
this probably isn't a full GSoC project (for example it's simple
compared with the ribbon proposal), so one of the submitted applications
for wxMaskedEditCtrl also includes Vista-like contols (see
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Development:_Student_Projects#Wrap_new_Vista.2FWindows7_Functionality).

Best regards,

Julian

Marco Pokorski Stefani wrote:

> Hi ,
> I would like to be a developer for the community the "Masked Edit Control"
>
> Name: /*Marco Pokorski Stefani*/
> E-mail Address: */[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>/*
> Project Title: /*wxWidgets*/
> Project Goals: /* Masked Edit Control */
> Project Benefits: How does your project benefit wxWidgets and its
> community?
>
> /*Developing this, I hope to help the community, because mask in "text
> control" actualy is very important for minizing the input errors,
> safer input become easier to development*/
>
> Project Tasks and Deliverables: Break your project into tasks or pieces.
> Describe in detail what you plan to accomplish and what the results
> will be.
>
> /*1) study  wxTextEntry-derived class, best way , table-design ...
> 2) start write a wxTextEntry-derived class
> 3) make the derived class the more generic possible
> 4) init the development of mask
> 4.1) make mask zipcode
> 4.2) make mask IP addresses
> 4.*) make mask ****
> 5) full test
> 6) otimizations
> 7) full test
> 8) finish =)*/
>
> Project Schedule: Estimate how long your project will take and how
> much time you
> have to dedicate on it. Try to establish a timed roadmap of the tasks
> to do.
>
> /*1)  4 days
> 2)  1 days
> 3) 5 days
> 4) 5 days ( can change of the number of masks )
> 4.1) 1 days ( first is more slow )
> 4.2) 1/3
> 4.*) 1/3 ( for next mask )
> 5)  3 days
> 6) 5 days , need to be very fast
> 7)  3 days
> 8) 0 days*/
>
> Personal Statement: Tell us about yourself. Describe why you are
> better than any
> other applicant for this project.
>
> /*I never participated in an open source project, I will very happy in
> helping the community. This will be my first experience.
> I am studying at PUCRS in Porto Alegre , Brazil,
> I work developing software, in C++ Language with MFC.
> I have five years of experience in MFC.*/
>

> --
> Marco Pokorski Stefani
> Adicione este email para msn e googletalk.

Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU
www.anthemion.co.uk | +44 (0)131 229 5306
Tools for writers: www.writerscafe.co.uk
wxWidgets RAD:     www.dialogblocks.com
Blog:              www.juliansmart.com

Re: gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Marco Pokorski Stefani
HI Julian,
have others people to developer the ribbon?
I like then to developer the ribbon, I have experience in interface developer with C++, i make all components for palmOs in 2005 ( not open source =/ , i make this in my job )
and actualy i make interfaces in MFC.

Best regards,
Marco

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Julian Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately there are ribbon applications too, and in fact for most of
the project suggestions, though nothing yet on wxHTML2/Mozilla, speech
input, wxOSX enhancements, wxHildon, or accessibility.

Thanks,

> [...]

>         I am studying at PUCRS in Porto Alegre , Brazil,
>         I work developing software, in C++ Language with MFC.
>         I have five years of experience in MFC.*/
>

>         --
>         Marco Pokorski Stefani
>         Adicione este email para msn e googletalk.

>     --
>     Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
>     28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU
>     www.anthemion.co.uk <http://www.anthemion.co.uk> | +44 (0)131 229 5306
>     Tools for writers: www.writerscafe.co.uk
>     <http://www.writerscafe.co.uk>
>     wxWidgets RAD:     www.dialogblocks.com <http://www.dialogblocks.com>
>     Blog:              www.juliansmart.com <http://www.juliansmart.com>

> Marco Pokorski Stefani
> Adicione este email para msn e googletalk.

Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU

Re[2]: gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:57:10 +0100 Julian Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:

JS> Unfortunately there are ribbon applications too, and in fact for most of
JS> the project suggestions, though nothing yet on wxHTML2/Mozilla, speech
JS> input, wxOSX enhancements, wxHildon, or accessibility.

 It would indeed be great to get applications for all these things but I'd
like to mention that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with submitting a
proposal for a project for which we already have some -- at least it shows
its popularity :-) It's just that from your, student, point of view it
would be more efficient to apply to something else as competition is
obviously going to be more intense for the projects with several
submissions.

Re: gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Marco Pokorski Stefani
Hi julian,

I like then of the developer the "Accessibility Support" , i will study more about this, and will send for the mail list my ideas.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Julian Smart <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> [...]

   <http://www.writerscafe.co.uk>
   wxWidgets RAD:     www.dialogblocks.com <http://www.dialogblocks.com>
   Blog:              www.juliansmart.com <http://www.juliansmart.com>

Marco Pokorski Stefani
Adicione este email para msn e googletalk.

Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU
www.anthemion.co.uk | +44 (0)131 229 5306
Tools for writers: www.writerscafe.co.uk
wxWidgets RAD:     www.dialogblocks.com
Blog:              www.juliansmart.com

Marco Pokorski Stefani
Adicione este email para msn e googletalk.

Re: gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Julian Smart
Marco Pokorski Stefani wrote:
> Hi julian,
>
> I like then of the developer the "Accessibility Support" , i will
> study more about this, and will send for the mail list my ideas.
Great, many thanks. wxWidgets could definitely do with some work on
accessibility.

Regards,

Julian

Re: gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Marco Pokorski Stefani
Hi dude(s),

Descriptions is based in Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/windowsvista/).

Access Center control:
A centralized location or/and an option in program, where you can adjust accessibility settings and manage accessibility programs.

Magnifier:
Enlarge a portion of the screen to make things easier to see with Magnifier.

Virtual Keyboard:
A visual, on-screen keyboard with all the standard keys that you can use instead of a physical keyboard.

Visual Notifications:
Replace system sounds with visual cues, such as a flash on the screen, so system alerts are announced with visual notifications instead of sounds.

Mouse Keys:
Instead of using the mouse, you can use the arrow keys on the numeric keypad to move the pointer.

Sticky Keys:
Instead of having to press multiple keys at once (such as when you press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously to log on to Windows), you can press one key at a time when Sticky Keys is turned on.

Narrator A text-to-speech: ???
If have a base i can developer this

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Julian Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Marco Pokorski Stefani wrote:
Hi julian,

I like then of the developer the "Accessibility Support" , i will study more about this, and will send for the mail list my ideas.
Great, many thanks. wxWidgets could definitely do with some work on accessibility.

Regards,

Julian

Marco Pokorski Stefani
Adicione este email para msn e googletalk.

Re: gsoc2009 - Masked Edit Control

Julian Smart
Hi Marco,

Marco Pokorski Stefani wrote:

> Hi dude(s),
>
> Descriptions is based in Microsoft
> (http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/windowsvista/).
>
> Access Center control:
> A centralized location or/and an option in program, where you can
> adjust accessibility settings and manage accessibility programs.
>
> Magnifier:
> Enlarge a portion of the screen to make things easier to see with
> Magnifier.
>
> Virtual Keyboard:
> A visual, on-screen keyboard with all the standard keys that you can
> use instead of a physical keyboard.
>
> Visual Notifications:
> Replace system sounds with visual cues, such as a flash on the screen,
> so system alerts are announced with visual notifications instead of
> sounds.
>
> Mouse Keys:
> Instead of using the mouse, you can use the arrow keys on the numeric
> keypad to move the pointer.
>
> Sticky Keys:
> Instead of having to press multiple keys at once (such as when you
> press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously to log on to
> Windows), you can press one key at a time when Sticky Keys is turned on.
These are operating system features for accessibility, and so are not
things we need to add to wxWidgets. I'm thinking more of the
accessibility APIs on each platform that (in particular) allow
applications to cooperate with screen-readers. For example an
app-specific, custom controls that a screen-reader can't 'see' would
expose a well-defined hierarchy objects as per Microsoft's MSAA, already
supported to some extent in wxWidgets. There is no wxWidgets support for
accessibility APIs on KDE/GNOME/Mac. So in theory there should be a
unified accessibility model that works on all platforms. I don't know if
that's possble since I'm not familiar with the other APIs; and it may
also not match your skills since I get the impression you're focused on
Windows. Possibly the project is too difficult and ill-defined anyway.

> Narrator A text-to-speech: ???
> If have a base i can developer this
Narrator is an operating-system level feature, but I am working on a set
of engine-independent text to speech classes
(http://www.anthemion.co.uk/wx/wxtexttospeech.zip). I'm also working on
a highly accessible menu system that can replace (or augment) a
conventional UI but that's getting off-topic.

I think a very worthwhile project, as per the suggestions page, would be
a set of speech recognition classes that can take advantage of a number
of systems on different platforms, maybe concentrating just on Windows
for the purpose of the project, but with an informed eye on how it works
on other platforms, especially Mac since it's likely to be more highly
developed in this area than GNOME/KDE. No-one's applied for this one yet.

(I'm not sure if it's useful to mention this or not but we probably now
have more promising applications than we're likely to be able to take
on, and it's rather close to submission time.)

Regards,

Julian