question about wxAuiNotebook and panes

Michael Surette-3
By using the Split() method you can get multiple panes in a wxAuiNotebook, so you could get a notebook with three tabs having tabs 1 and 3 in one pane and tab 2 in a second pane.

Is there a way to identify which pane a given tab belongs to?

Mike

Re: question about wxAuiNotebook and panes

Michael Surette-3

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 1:37:49 PM UTC-5, Michael Surette wrote:
By using the Split() method you can get multiple panes in a wxAuiNotebook, so you could get a notebook with three tabs having tabs 1 and 3 in one pane and tab 2 in a second pane.

Is there a way to identify which pane a given tab belongs to?

Mike

After digging through the source code I found that what I'm looking for is not which Pane, but which wxAuiTabCtrl.  For that the method "bool FindTab(wxWindow* page, wxAuiTabCtrl** ctrl, int* idx);" is what I'm looking for.  It gives you both a pointer and an index to the wxAuiTabCtrl of a given tab window pointer.

Mike