wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
35 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi team,

We are migrating wxWidgets 3.0 to 3.1.

We have configured wxWidgets 3.1 using below option:
./configure --enable-debug --disable-unicode --with-gtk=3.0

Build Environment:
OS : Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit

WxWidgets 3.1 Compilation was successful & we integrated the wxWidgets 3.1 (libraries, binaries, header files) to our application.
After building our application we are seeing below compilation errors:

error: ‘wxXmlProperty’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘pAttributes’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties’
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);

^

error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("type"), pstCurrent->strType);
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("value"), pstCurrent->strValue);
^
error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("mode"), strMode);
^
Please kindly provide your inputs to resolve the error highlighted in red color .

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi team,

Hi Team,

Just to add to the previous mail:

We observed in the error listed previously : class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties. (Please refer file : wx/xml/xml.h)
Also regarding the 2nd error wxXmlProperty is not declared in this scope, we saw following snippet in wx/xml/xml.h file :

#if WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8
#define wxXmlProperty wxXmlAttribute
#endif

So please kindly provide what are the replacement functions for deprecated methods & also provide any manual for the changes done in 3.1.

Thanks,
Giri

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 4:37:56 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi team,

We are migrating wxWidgets 3.0 to 3.1.

We have configured wxWidgets 3.1 using below option:
./configure --enable-debug --disable-unicode --with-gtk=3.0

Build Environment:
OS : Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit

WxWidgets 3.1 Compilation was successful & we integrated the wxWidgets 3.1 (libraries, binaries, header files) to our application.
After building our application we are seeing below compilation errors:

error: ‘wxXmlProperty’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘pAttributes’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties’
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);

^

error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("type"), pstCurrent->strType);
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("value"), pstCurrent->strValue);
^
error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("mode"), strMode);
^
Please kindly provide your inputs to resolve the error highlighted in red color .

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

wxWidgets - Users mailing list-2
On Monday, 6 March 2017, 13:29, "saptha.global" wrote:

> We observed in the error listed previously : class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties. (Please refer file : wx/xml/xml.h)
> Also regarding the 2nd error wxXmlProperty is not declared in this scope, we saw following snippet in wx/xml/xml.h file :

> #if WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8
> #define wxXmlProperty wxXmlAttribute
> #endif


> So please kindly provide what are the replacement functions for deprecated methods & also provide any manual for the changes done in 3.1.


Being part of WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8 signals it is a change done between 2.8 and 3.0, but not enforced until WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8 was gone, and that was in 3.1.
To see differences between 3.0 and 2.8 you can read docs/changes_30.txt . Try under "INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES SINCE 2.8.x" -> "Deprecated methods and their replacements". Apparently there is a relevant piece of information there.
There is also a changes.txt file, with changes since 3.0.

Regards,
C

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.

To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
In reply to this post by saptha.global
Hi team,

 we enabled below flags in the following files:

wXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8 1
WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_3_0 1


1. wxWidgets-3.1.0/include/wx/setup_inc.h
2. wxWidgets-3.1.0/Gtk-build/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-3.1/wx/setup.h

Output: Following errors got resolved :
class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties. (Please refer file : wx/xml/xml.h)
wxXmlProperty is not declared in this scope, we saw following snippet in wx/xml/xml.h file.

Now after enabling above compile time flags, now we are facing another set of errors:

:(.rodata._ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase[_ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase]+0xa8): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::SetVirtualSizeHints(int, int, int, int)'
:(.rodata._ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase[_ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase]+0x118): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::MakeModal(bool)'
(.rodata._ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase[_ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase]+0xa8): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::SetVirtualSizeHints(int, int, int, int)'
(.rodata._ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase[_ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase]+0x118): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::MakeModal(bool)'


Kindly provide your inputs.

Also below are the output from the terminal:

./wx-config --list

Default config is gtk2-ansi-3.1

./wx-config --libs
-L/wx/lib -pthread   -lwx_gtk2_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_core-3.1 -lwx_base_xml-3.1 -lwx_base_net-3.1 -lwx_base-3.1

Thanks & Regards,
Giri


On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 4:37:56 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi team,

We are migrating wxWidgets 3.0 to 3.1.

We have configured wxWidgets 3.1 using below option:
./configure --enable-debug --disable-unicode --with-gtk=3.0

Build Environment:
OS : Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit

WxWidgets 3.1 Compilation was successful & we integrated the wxWidgets 3.1 (libraries, binaries, header files) to our application.
After building our application we are seeing below compilation errors:

error: ‘wxXmlProperty’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘pAttributes’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties’
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);

^

error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("type"), pstCurrent->strType);
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("value"), pstCurrent->strValue);
^
error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("mode"), strMode);
^
Please kindly provide your inputs to resolve the error highlighted in red color .

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

oneeyeman
Hi

On Mar 6, 2017 7:28 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi team,

 we enabled below flags in the following files:

wXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8 1
WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_3_0 1

This is a temporary workaround.
As suggested by Catlin check the files and make the appropriate changes.



1. wxWidgets-3.1.0/include/wx/setup_inc.h
2. wxWidgets-3.1.0/Gtk-build/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-3.1/wx/setup.h

Output: Following errors got resolved :
class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties. (Please refer file : wx/xml/xml.h)
wxXmlProperty is not declared in this scope, we saw following snippet in wx/xml/xml.h file.

Now after enabling above compile time flags, now we are facing another set of errors:

:(.rodata._ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase[_ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase]+0xa8): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::SetVirtualSizeHints(int, int, int, int)'
:(.rodata._ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase[_ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase]+0x118): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::MakeModal(bool)'
(.rodata._ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase[_ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase]+0xa8): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::SetVirtualSizeHints(int, int, int, int)'
(.rodata._ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase[_ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase]+0x118): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::MakeModal(bool)'

Again check the files referenced by Catalin.



Kindly provide your inputs.

Also below are the output from the terminal:

./wx-config --list

Default config is gtk2-ansi-3.1

./wx-config --libs
-L/wx/lib -pthread   -lwx_gtk2_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_core-3.1 -lwx_base_xml-3.1 -lwx_base_net-3.1 -lwx_base-3.1

Thanks & Regards,

Giri


On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 4:37:56 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi team,

We are migrating wxWidgets 3.0 to 3.1.

We have configured wxWidgets 3.1 using below option:
./configure --enable-debug --disable-unicode --with-gtk=3.0

Build Environment:
OS : Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit

WxWidgets 3.1 Compilation was successful & we integrated the wxWidgets 3.1 (libraries, binaries, header files) to our application.
After building our application we are seeing below compilation errors:

error: ‘wxXmlProperty’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘pAttributes’ was not declared in this scope
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
error: ‘class wxXmlNode’ has no member named ‘GetProperties’
wxXmlProperty *pAttributes = pChild->GetProperties();
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);

^

error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("type"), pstCurrent->strType);
^
wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/xml/xml.h:204:10: error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
error: within this context
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("value"), pstCurrent->strValue);
^
error: ‘void wxXmlNode::AddProperty(const wxString&, const wxString&)’ is private
void AddProperty(const wxString& name, const wxString& value);
^
pDataNode->AddProperty(_T("mode"), strMode);
^
Please kindly provide your inputs to resolve the error highlighted in red color .

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

wxWidgets - Users mailing list-2
In reply to this post by saptha.global
On Monday, 6 March 2017, 14:28, "saptha.global" wrote:


> we enabled below flags in the following files:

> wXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_8 1
> WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_3_0 1

You really shouldn't do that.
And anyway, after any such changes you need to rebuild the library. Did you do that ?
If you are in the process of upgrading just use the latest changes and not some deprecated functions still kept in use by compatibility flags. Disable any compatibility with older versions and update your code.
If you run configure, do not edit values in the headers, the required option for 3.1 should only be --disable-compat30 (2.8 compatibility is disabled by default).

Regards,
C

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
 Hi catalin,
 
We have removed the compile time flags as suggested by you.
In our application, we have started using wxXmlAttribute instead of wxXmlProperty. Also we have replaced GetProperties() method with GetAttributes().

Currently we are resolving compilation issues after migrating 3,1 changes to our application. We will let you know if we are not able to resolve some of the compilation issues.

Thanks,
Giri

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global

Hi team,
We were able to resolve compilation issues after migration to wxWidgets 3.1 in our application.

Now after launching our application we are facing below issue:

"Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 3.0),
and your program used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers).
Abort (core dumped)"

I am struck here, not going forward.
Your inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 12:30:19 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
 Hi catalin,
 
We have removed the compile time flags as suggested by you.
In our application, we have started using wxXmlAttribute instead of wxXmlProperty. Also we have replaced GetProperties() method with GetAttributes().

Currently we are resolving compilation issues after migrating 3,1 changes to our application. We will let you know if we are not able to resolve some of the compilation issues.

Thanks,
Giri

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi team,

Just to add to the above mail,

OS details: Ubuntu 32-bit 14.04 LTS

we ran below commands:
>. wx-config --libs

-L/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib -pthread -lwx_gtk2_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_core-3.1 -lwx_base_xml-3.1 -lwx_base_net-3.1 -lwx_base-3.1


>. wx-config --cppflags --release
3.1
-I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-3.1 -I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/include/wx-3.1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__

Thanks,
Giri

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:24:38 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi team,
We were able to resolve compilation issues after migration to wxWidgets 3.1 in our application.

Now after launching our application we are facing below issue:

"Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 3.0),
and your program used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers).
Abort (core dumped)"

I am struck here, not going forward.
Your inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 12:30:19 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
 Hi catalin,
 
We have removed the compile time flags as suggested by you.
In our application, we have started using wxXmlAttribute instead of wxXmlProperty. Also we have replaced GetProperties() method with GetAttributes().

Currently we are resolving compilation issues after migrating 3,1 changes to our application. We will let you know if we are not able to resolve some of the compilation issues.

Thanks,
Giri

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

wxWidgets - Users mailing list-2
You need to build your app using the same compile options used when building the library.
That should be pretty clear from the error message. Isn't it? Did you investigate the error message yourself before posting? The first few results Google gives me when searching for "Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected" are quite suggestive.

If you still are unable to build, delete everything, download wxW sources again and follow the instructions in docs/gtk/install.txt. BTW, did you start with reading the instructions? Did you find them incomplete, incorrect, difficult to find, difficult to follow, something else wrong with them?
And do not manually edit header files. Whatever options you need to change, just pass them to configure.

Good luck,
C

p.s. Please do not CC me; I already receive all emails sent to the mailing list, just like everybody else.



On Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:27, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:


Hi team,

Just to add to the above mail,

OS details: Ubuntu 32-bit 14.04 LTS

we ran below commands:
>. wx-config --libs

-L/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib -pthread -lwx_gtk2_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_core-3.1 -lwx_base_xml-3.1 -lwx_base_net-3.1 -lwx_base-3.1


>. wx-config --cppflags --release
3.1
-I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-3.1 -I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/include/wx-3.1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__

Thanks,
Giri

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:24:38 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi team,
We were able to resolve compilation issues after migration to wxWidgets 3.1 in our application.

Now after launching our application we are facing below issue:

"Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 3.0),
and your program used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers).
Abort (core dumped)"

I am struck here, not going forward.
Your inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 12:30:19 PM UTC+5:30, saptha...@... wrote:
 Hi catalin,
 
We have removed the compile time flags as suggested by you.
In our application, we have started using wxXmlAttribute instead of wxXmlProperty. Also we have replaced GetProperties() method with GetAttributes().

Currently we are resolving compilation issues after migrating 3,1 changes to our application. We will let you know if we are not able to resolve some of the compilation issues.

Thanks,
Giri



--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi Catalin,
 Thanks for providing inputs.

I am building wxWidgets 3.1.0 sources and as well the app. ( In progress....)
Machine: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS type : 32-bit
GCC : 4.8.4

We will update you the progress.

Thanks,
Giri






On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 6:00:51 PM UTC+5:30, Catalin wrote:
You need to build your app using the same compile options used when building the library.
That should be pretty clear from the error message. Isn't it? Did you investigate the error message yourself before posting? The first few results Google gives me when searching for "Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected" are quite suggestive.

If you still are unable to build, delete everything, download wxW sources again and follow the instructions in docs/gtk/install.txt. BTW, did you start with reading the instructions? Did you find them incomplete, incorrect, difficult to find, difficult to follow, something else wrong with them?
And do not manually edit header files. Whatever options you need to change, just pass them to configure.

Good luck,
C

p.s. Please do not CC me; I already receive all emails sent to the mailing list, just like everybody else.



On Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:27, "<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ZOn4WFWKAQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">saptha...@..." <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="ZOn4WFWKAQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">saptha...@...> wrote:


Hi team,

Just to add to the above mail,

OS details: Ubuntu 32-bit 14.04 LTS

we ran below commands:
>. wx-config --libs

-L/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib -pthread -lwx_gtk2_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_core-3.1 -lwx_base_xml-3.1 -lwx_base_net-3.1 -lwx_base-3.1


>. wx-config --cppflags --release
3.1
-I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-3.1 -I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/include/wx-3.1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__

Thanks,
Giri

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:24:38 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi team,
We were able to resolve compilation issues after migration to wxWidgets 3.1 in our application.

Now after launching our application we are facing below issue:

"Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 3.0),
and your program used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers).
Abort (core dumped)"

I am struck here, not going forward.
Your inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 12:30:19 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
 Hi catalin,
 
We have removed the compile time flags as suggested by you.
In our application, we have started using wxXmlAttribute instead of wxXmlProperty. Also we have replaced GetProperties() method with GetAttributes().

Currently we are resolving compilation issues after migrating 3,1 changes to our application. We will let you know if we are not able to resolve some of the compilation issues.

Thanks,
Giri



--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi,
After building both wxWidgets 3.1 as well the application on the same machine with following configurations:
Machine: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS type : 32-bit
GCC : 4.8.4

Observation: Following error message is not seen after launching application:
                   Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.

We are facing below Assert issue after launching the application: 

../src/common/sizer.cpp(209): assert "((m_flag) & (wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM)) != (wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM)" failed in wxSizerItem(): wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL and wxALIGN_BOTTOM can't be used together
Trace/BPT trap (core dumped)


In our application which flags should we maintain ( ALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL or ALIGN BOTTOM). why this condition was introduced for wx3.1 onwards.

Kindly provide your inputs, since I am newbie to wxWidgets.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri



On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 4:01:12 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Catalin,
 Thanks for providing inputs.

I am building wxWidgets 3.1.0 sources and as well the app. ( In progress....)
Machine: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS type : 32-bit
GCC : 4.8.4

We will update you the progress.

Thanks,
Giri






On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 6:00:51 PM UTC+5:30, Catalin wrote:
You need to build your app using the same compile options used when building the library.
That should be pretty clear from the error message. Isn't it? Did you investigate the error message yourself before posting? The first few results Google gives me when searching for "Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected" are quite suggestive.

If you still are unable to build, delete everything, download wxW sources again and follow the instructions in docs/gtk/install.txt. BTW, did you start with reading the instructions? Did you find them incomplete, incorrect, difficult to find, difficult to follow, something else wrong with them?
And do not manually edit header files. Whatever options you need to change, just pass them to configure.

Good luck,
C

p.s. Please do not CC me; I already receive all emails sent to the mailing list, just like everybody else.



On Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:27, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:


Hi team,

Just to add to the above mail,

OS details: Ubuntu 32-bit 14.04 LTS

we ran below commands:
>. wx-config --libs

-L/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib -pthread -lwx_gtk2_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_core-3.1 -lwx_base_xml-3.1 -lwx_base_net-3.1 -lwx_base-3.1


>. wx-config --cppflags --release
3.1
-I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-3.1 -I/home/giri/Desktop/sample_application/app/build/../../sample_application/tools/linux/wx/include/wx-3.1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__

Thanks,
Giri

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 3:24:38 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi team,
We were able to resolve compilation issues after migration to wxWidgets 3.1 in our application.

Now after launching our application we are facing below issue:

"Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 3.0),
and your program used 3.1.0 (ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers).
Abort (core dumped)"

I am struck here, not going forward.
Your inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,
Giri

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 12:30:19 PM UTC+5:30, [hidden email] wrote:
 Hi catalin,
 
We have removed the compile time flags as suggested by you.
In our application, we have started using wxXmlAttribute instead of wxXmlProperty. Also we have replaced GetProperties() method with GetAttributes().

Currently we are resolving compilation issues after migrating 3,1 changes to our application. We will let you know if we are not able to resolve some of the compilation issues.

Thanks,
Giri



--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

Fabian Cenedese
At 06:38 13.03.2017, [hidden email] wrote:
>We are facing below Assert issue after launching the application:
>
>../src/common/sizer.cpp(209): assert "((m_flag) & (wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM)) != (wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM)" failed in wxSizerItem(): wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL and wxALIGN_BOTTOM can't be used together
>Trace/BPT trap (core dumped)
>
>In our application which flags should we maintain ( ALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL or ALIGN BOTTOM). why this condition was introduced for wx3.1 onwards.

These flags sound contradictory. Either you have an element vertically
centered or you have it at the bottom, it's not logically possible to have
both. So keep the flag that you need. Do you want it centered or at the
bottom?

bye  Fabi

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.

To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi Team,

 Thanks for your response.

 OS details : Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit type.

As per your inputs we should not use both ALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL or ALIGN BOTTOM flags  at a time in our application.
1. Why this check was introduced in source file wxWidgets-3.1.0/src/common/sizer.cpp  for wxWidgets 3.1.
    Is there any workaround that can be done to resolve apart from the application side.
    Since in our application we are using both the flags to get the UI aligned properly. ( works fine in 2.8)

2. Also facing the below assert after launching application:
 ./src/gtk/window.cpp(3251): assert ""source"" failed in DoClientToScreen(): ClientToScreen failed on unrealized window
../src/gtk/window.cpp(3321): assert ""source"" failed in DoScreenToClient(): ScreenToClient failed on unrealized window

Kindly provide your inputs.

ASSERT INFO:
../src/gtk/window.cpp(3251): assert ""source"" failed in DoClientToScreen(): ClientToScreen failed on unrealized window

BACKTRACE:

[1] wxWindow::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const
[2] wxTopLevelWindowBase::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const
[3] wxWindow::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const
[4] wxWindow::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const
[5] wxWindow::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const
[6] wxWindow::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const
[7] wxWindow::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const
[8] wxWindowBase::DoGetScreenPosition(int*, int*) const
[9] wxScrollHelperBase::HandleOnChildFocus(wxChildFocusEvent&)
[10] wxScrollHelperEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent&)
[11] wxWindowBase::TryAfter(wxEvent&)
[12] wxEvtHandler::TryAfter(wxEvent&)
[13] wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent&)
[14] wxWindowBase::TryAfter(wxEvent&)
[15] wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent&)
[16] wxScrollHelperEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent&)
[17] wxAuiNotebook::SetSelectionToWindow(wxWindow*)
[18] wxAuiNotebook::InsertPage(unsigned int, wxWindow*, wxString const&, bool, wxBitmap const&)
[19] wxAuiNotebook::AddPage(wxWindow*, wxString const&, bool, wxBitmap const&)
[20] AppGUI::AppGUI(wxWindow*, int, wxString const&, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, long) /home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_MyApp/app/engine/../src/AppGUI.cpp:522
[21] MyApp::MyApp(wxWindow*, bool) /home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_MyApp/app/engine/../src/mMgr.cpp:333
[22] mFrameApp::OnInit() /home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_MyApp/app/engine/../src/FApp.cpp:176
[23] wxAppConsoleBase::CallOnInit() /home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_MyApp/app/build/../../app/tools/linux/wx/include/wx-3.1/wx/app.h:93
[24] wxEntry(int&, char**)
[25] main /home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_MyApp/app/engine/../src/FApp.cpp:14
[26] __libc_start_main
[27] _start

Thanks & Regards,
Giri


On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 1:29:01 PM UTC+5:30, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
At 06:38 13.03.2017, <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Ls7oNdK1AgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">saptha...@... wrote:
>We are facing below Assert issue after launching the application:
>
>../src/common/sizer.cpp(209): assert "((m_flag) & (wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM)) != (wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM)" failed in wxSizerItem(): wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL and wxALIGN_BOTTOM can't be used together
>Trace/BPT trap (core dumped)
>
>In our application which flags should we maintain ( ALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL or ALIGN BOTTOM). why this condition was introduced for wx3.1 onwards.

These flags sound contradictory. Either you have an element vertically
centered or you have it at the bottom, it's not logically possible to have
both. So keep the flag that you need. Do you want it centered or at the
bottom?

bye  Fabi

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re[2]: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 03:16:51 -0700 (PDT)  wrote:

> As per your inputs we should not use both ALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL or ALIGN
> BOTTOM flags  at a time in our application.
> 1. Why this check was introduced in source file
> wxWidgets-3.1.0/src/common/sizer.cpp  for wxWidgets 3.1.

 Because this allows you to find incorrect code and fix the mistakes in it.
The library tries to help you avoid writing buggy code, but you need to let
it help you, of course.

>     Is there any workaround that can be done to resolve apart from the
> application side.

 You should read the overview of the debugging changes in wx 3 where you
will learn how to disable assert failure reporting. Note that I *strongly*
recommend *not* doing this as asserts are extremely useful for debugging
problems in your code. The correct thing to do is to fix your code.

>     Since in our application we are using both the flags to get the UI
> aligned properly. ( works fine in 2.8)

 This combination of flags was never valid, but was simply not detected
before.


> 2. Also facing the below assert after launching application:
>  ./src/gtk/window.cpp(3251): assert ""source"" failed in
> DoClientToScreen(): ClientToScreen failed on unrealized window

 I don't know why do you get this one. Please try to reproduce the problem
in the "aui" sample as it seems to be related to something you're doing
when creating your wxAuiNotebook. If you can do it there, please post a
patch (see http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/HowToSubmitPatches if you hadn't
done this before) with the changes to the sample that would allow us to
debug this.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

attachment0 (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Re[2]: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
 
Hi Team,
Thanks for your response.

Machine details: 
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS 32-bit type.

After migrating wxWidgets 3.1 changes to our application, we are facing the following issues:

1. After launching application, observed below assert:
  ./src/gtk/window.cpp(3251): assert ""source"" failed in
  DoClientToScreen(): ClientToScreen failed on unrealized window

Please provide pointers why we are facing this issue, how to debug further?

2. While building wxWidgets 3.1, ran ./configure with the below option: 
--with-gtk=3.0

After successful wxWidgets 3.1 compilation, ran the below wx-config commands on the terminal:

> wx-config --cxxflags --release
3.1
-I/home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_App_3.1/App/build/../../App/tools/linux/wx/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-3.1 
-I/home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_App_3.1/App/build/../../App/tools/linux/wx/include/wx-3.1 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread

> wx-config --libs
-L/home/Desktop/Mar10_Rebuild_App_3.1/App/build/../../App/tools/linux/wx/lib -pthread   -lwx_gtk2_xrc-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_html-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_qa-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_adv-3.1 -lwx_gtk2_core-3.1 -lwx_base_xml-3.1 -lwx_base_net-3.1 -lwx_base-3.1

Since we configured gtk with 3.0 version but in the above commands output we can see wx still pointing to gtk2.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri


On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Vadim Zeitlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 03:16:51 -0700 (PDT)  wrote:

> As per your inputs we should not use both ALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL or ALIGN
> BOTTOM flags  at a time in our application.
> 1. Why this check was introduced in source file
> wxWidgets-3.1.0/src/common/sizer.cpp  for wxWidgets 3.1.

 Because this allows you to find incorrect code and fix the mistakes in it.
The library tries to help you avoid writing buggy code, but you need to let
it help you, of course.

>     Is there any workaround that can be done to resolve apart from the
> application side.

 You should read the overview of the debugging changes in wx 3 where you
will learn how to disable assert failure reporting. Note that I *strongly*
recommend *not* doing this as asserts are extremely useful for debugging
problems in your code. The correct thing to do is to fix your code.

>     Since in our application we are using both the flags to get the UI
> aligned properly. ( works fine in 2.8)

 This combination of flags was never valid, but was simply not detected
before.


> 2. Also facing the below assert after launching application:
>  ./src/gtk/window.cpp(3251): assert ""source"" failed in
> DoClientToScreen(): ClientToScreen failed on unrealized window

 I don't know why do you get this one. Please try to reproduce the problem
in the "aui" sample as it seems to be related to something you're doing
when creating your wxAuiNotebook. If you can do it there, please post a
patch (see http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/HowToSubmitPatches if you hadn't
done this before) with the changes to the sample that would allow us to
debug this.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re[4]: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:40:54 +0530 sapthanan hospet wrote:

sh> Machine details:
sh> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS 32-bit type.

 It's nice that you always provide information about your environment,
thank you.

sh> After migrating wxWidgets 3.1 changes to our application, we are facing the
sh> following issues:
sh>
sh> 1. After launching application, observed below assert:
sh>  * ./src/gtk/window.cpp(3251): assert ""source"" failed in*
sh> *  DoClientToScreen(): ClientToScreen failed on unrealized window*
sh>
sh> Please provide pointers why we are facing this issue, how to debug further?

 But it's not really useful to ask the same question more than once, I
can't add anything more to what I already wrote below, I can even leave the
quote that you've conveniently included in this very message:

sh> >  I don't know why do you get this one. Please try to reproduce the problem
sh> > in the "aui" sample as it seems to be related to something you're doing
sh> > when creating your wxAuiNotebook. If you can do it there, please post a
sh> > patch (see http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/HowToSubmitPatches if you hadn't
sh> > done this before) with the changes to the sample that would allow us to
sh> > debug this.

sh> 2. While building wxWidgets 3.1, ran ./configure with the below option:
sh> --with-gtk=3.0

 This is a wrong value for this option, configure should have told you in
the summary message that it selected GTK+ 2 because it failed to take the
value "3.0" into account. The correct option is --with-gtk=3.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

attachment0 (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Re[4]: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi Team,
 Thanks for your inputs.

While building wxWidgets 3.1 configured with below option
--with-gtk=3
--disable-debug

Facing below compilation error:

In file included from ../src/gtk/textentry.cpp:34:0:
../src/gtk/textentry.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool wxTextEntry::SetHint(const wxString&)’:
../include/wx/gtk/private.h:83:48: error: ‘m_font’ was not declared in this scope
     #define wxGTK_CONV(s) wxGTK_CONV_FONT((s), m_font)
                                                ^
../include/wx/gtk/private.h:85:59: note: in definition of macro ‘wxGTK_CONV_FONT’
     #define wxGTK_CONV_FONT(s, font) wxConvertToGTK((s), (font))
                                                           ^
../src/gtk/textentry.cpp:571:47: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxGTK_CONV’
         gtk_entry_set_placeholder_text(entry, wxGTK_CONV(hint));
                                               ^
../src/gtk/textentry.cpp: In member function ‘virtual wxString wxTextEntry::GetHint() const’:
../include/wx/gtk/private.h:88:54: error: ‘m_font’ was not declared in this scope
     #define wxGTK_CONV_BACK(s) wxConvertFromGTK((s), m_font)
                                                      ^
../src/gtk/textentry.cpp:583:16: note: in expansion of macro ‘wxGTK_CONV_BACK’
         return wxGTK_CONV_BACK(gtk_entry_get_placeholder_text(entry));
                ^
make: *** [coredll_gtk_textentry.o] Error 1

Need your inputs.

Thanks,
Giri


On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 12:19:06 AM UTC+5:30, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:40:54 +0530 sapthanan hospet wrote:

sh> Machine details:
sh> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS 32-bit type.

 It's nice that you always provide information about your environment,
thank you.

sh> After migrating wxWidgets 3.1 changes to our application, we are facing the
sh> following issues:
sh>
sh> 1. After launching application, observed below assert:
sh>  * ./src/gtk/window.cpp(3251): assert ""source"" failed in*
sh> *  DoClientToScreen(): ClientToScreen failed on unrealized window*
sh>
sh> Please provide pointers why we are facing this issue, how to debug further?

 But it's not really useful to ask the same question more than once, I
can't add anything more to what I already wrote below, I can even leave the
quote that you've conveniently included in this very message:

sh> >  I don't know why do you get this one. Please try to reproduce the problem
sh> > in the "aui" sample as it seems to be related to something you're doing
sh> > when creating your wxAuiNotebook. If you can do it there, please post a
sh> > patch (see <a href="http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/HowToSubmitPatches" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftrac.wxwidgets.org%2Fwiki%2FHowToSubmitPatches\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHec44jT7H-BpiNGjCOLrS8KQ-EXQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Ftrac.wxwidgets.org%2Fwiki%2FHowToSubmitPatches\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHec44jT7H-BpiNGjCOLrS8KQ-EXQ&#39;;return true;">http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/HowToSubmitPatches if you hadn't
sh> > done this before) with the changes to the sample that would allow us to
sh> > debug this.

sh> 2. While building wxWidgets 3.1, ran ./configure with the below option:
sh> --with-gtk=3.0

 This is a wrong value for this option, configure should have told you in
the summary message that it selected GTK+ 2 because it failed to take the
value "3.0" into account. The correct option is --with-gtk=3.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               <a href="http://www.tt-solutions.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;">http://www.tt-solutions.com/

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re[6]: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

Vadim Zeitlin-4
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 23:47:40 -0700 (PDT)  wrote:

> While building wxWidgets 3.1 configured with below option
> --with-gtk=3
> --disable-debug

 You seem to be also using --disable-unicode, don't you? This is a very
important option to mention.

> Facing below compilation error:
>
> In file included from ../src/gtk/textentry.cpp:34:0:
> ../src/gtk/textentry.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool
> wxTextEntry::SetHint(const wxString&)’:
> ../include/wx/gtk/private.h:83:48: error: ‘m_font’ was not declared in this
> scope

 I've fixed this error in https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/0cc5b6e97ecd175b9310460e68ed6d0408e4d7d6
which you should be able to apply to your local tree, but I'd strongly
recommend to use the normal, default, Unicode build of wxWidgets instead of
the deprecated ANSI one.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               http://www.tt-solutions.com/

attachment0 (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Re[6]: wxWidgets 3.1 migration : compilation issues

saptha.global
Hi Team,
Thanks for your inputs.

Your understanding is correct.I have used below option while running ./configure
--disable-unicode.

Hence as per your inputs, we need to have option --enable-unicode along with gtk=3.

Please confirm for wxWidgets 3.1.0 is it mandatory to build with gtk3 or gtk2.

Thanks,
Giri



On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 6:11:35 PM UTC+5:30, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 23:47:40 -0700 (PDT)  wrote:

> While building wxWidgets 3.1 configured with below option
> --with-gtk=3
> --disable-debug

 You seem to be also using --disable-unicode, don't you? This is a very
important option to mention.

> Facing below compilation error:
>
> In file included from ../src/gtk/textentry.cpp:34:0:
> ../src/gtk/textentry.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool
> wxTextEntry::SetHint(const wxString&)’:
> ../include/wx/gtk/private.h:83:48: error: ‘m_font’ was not declared in this
> scope

 I've fixed this error in <a href="https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/0cc5b6e97ecd175b9310460e68ed6d0408e4d7d6" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FwxWidgets%2FwxWidgets%2Fcommit%2F0cc5b6e97ecd175b9310460e68ed6d0408e4d7d6\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNET36upxMQFKm45km_ve1CaVVIAEA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FwxWidgets%2FwxWidgets%2Fcommit%2F0cc5b6e97ecd175b9310460e68ed6d0408e4d7d6\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNET36upxMQFKm45km_ve1CaVVIAEA&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/0cc5b6e97ecd175b9310460e68ed6d0408e4d7d6
which you should be able to apply to your local tree, but I'd strongly
recommend to use the normal, default, Unicode build of wxWidgets instead of
the deprecated ANSI one.

 Regards,
VZ

--
TT-Solutions: wxWidgets consultancy and technical support
               <a href="http://www.tt-solutions.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.tt-solutions.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFhPHTZbdYZYM-AqcnZXykG1ueWhw&#39;;return true;">http://www.tt-solutions.com/

--
Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.
 
To unsubscribe, send email to [hidden email]
or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wx-users
12
Loading...