wxWidgets and Google Summer of Code 2008

wxWidgets and Google Summer of Code 2008

Julian Smart
Hi,

wxWidgets has been accepted into the Google Summer of Code 2008
programme as a mentor organisation. If you are a student and interested
in participating, please look at the following pages:

http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/Development:_Student_Projects -
our project suggestions
http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/Development:_SoC_Guidelines#Tips_for_prospective_students
- our tips for writing applications
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/ - GSoC 2008 home

Feel free to suggest your own projects. Students can start discussing
ideas with us, on [hidden email] or by email. It's
possible that you are working on another open source project that uses
wxWidgets - perhaps one that wasn't accepted into GSoC 2008 - in which
case there may be scope for achieving goals for both our projects by
being mentored under the wxWidgets umbrella.

You can start submitting applications on March 24th, and the deadline
for application submission is March 31st.

Good luck, and we look forward to your applications!

Best regards,

Julian

--
Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU